WHY DIRECTED DRAWING?
There are many reasons to try directed drawing with your students! Here are a few skills and benefits:
- improve skills in following directions and attention to detail
- a fun way to practice fine motor development
- increased stamina in focus and attention
- increased self-expression and communicating ideas
- growing skills in drawing and appreciation of art
- perfect for celebrating seasonal content and decorate the class
- an easy center activity to switch out each week
- a fun activity to do at home! Send the link to parents and ask them to draw together, and write about their pictures!
ADD A WRITING COMPONENT
Speaking of writing, students are often very motivated to write about their own pictures. We use pre-made templates pictured below in our writing centers all year. You can see more photos of 50 different drawing topics by clicking HERE.
Ready to try directed drawing with your students? Project the video shown below for your students to draw along with!
Click the Full Screen option for better viewing. You can pause if needed, and lower the sound if you prefer not to have soft music playing.
LOOKING FOR MORE DRAWING VIDEOS?
Click HERE go back to the Directed Drawing Videos Directory.
MORE FREE DOWNLOADS
You may also be interested the FREE downloads in the posts listed below!
I hope you find some helpful resources!
Free Downloads: First Grade Writing
Free Downloads: Simple Art Templates
Free Directed Drawing Videos: Students Draw Along
Free Letter Sounds Song Posters
Free Educational FUN Math Videos To Play In Class
Free Poetry Collection (20 pages)
Free Online Stories Collection
Free Directed Drawing and Writing Templates
Free STEM Partner Play and Resources
Free Supported Story Writing Templates (Super Popular Downloads!)
FREE Simple Photo Directed Art Lessons