Do your students love directed drawing? Mine do!
WHY DIRECTED DRAWING?
There are lots of reasons to try directed drawing with your students! Here are a few skills and benefits:
- practice with following directions
- practice close attention to detail
- fine motor development
- increased stamina in focus and attention
- self-expression and communicating ideas
- growing skills in drawing and appreciation of art
- perfect for celebrating seasonal content and decorate the class
- an easy writing center to switch out each week
- a fun activity to do at home! Send the link to parents and ask them to draw together, and write about their pictures!
ADD A WRITING COMPONENT
Speaking of writing, students are often very motivated to write about their own pictures. We use pre-made templates pictured below in our writing centers all year. You can see more photos by clicking HERE.
DRAW 2 FANCY HEARTS
Project these videos for your students to draw along!
Click the Full Screen option for better viewing. You can pause if needed, and lower the sound if you prefer not to have soft music playing.
LOOKING FOR MORE DRAWING VIDEOS?
Click to go back to the Directed Drawing Videos Archive.
Pin this post for later!
Free DRAWING & WRITING?
You can access some FREE Directed Drawing and Writing Packs by joining our VIP Group! Once you join, each new email (about 3 per month) will contain a password to access over 50 free resources (including directed drawings!)
Click HERE to check it out!
MORE FREE DOWNLOADS
You may also be interested in our other FREE downloads listed below!
These are informational blog posts with free downloads at the end of each post.
I hope you find some helpful resources!
Just click any link to check it out!
Free Supported Story Writing Templates (Super Popular Downloads!)